Terms and Conditions
In these terms of Business the following definitions apply: “The Company”, “We”,”Us” – mean Prestige Cleaners. “Cleaner”, “Cleaning Operative” – Means the person or firm carrying out cleaning services on behalf of the company. “Builder”, “Contractor”- Means the person or firm carrying out building work / property maintenance services on behalf of the company. “Client”, “You” – Means the person, form or corporative body together with any subsidiary or associated company supplied by the company. “Clients Address” – Means the address where the client has requested the “EOT”, “Move inn / out Cleaning”, “Deep Cleaning”, “After Builders Clean”- means the cleaning services unless the context require otherwise, references to the singular include the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
The Heading contains in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not effect their interpretation.
End of Tenancy / Carpet / Upholstery / Curtains / Household items Cleaning Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 these Terms and Conditions represent a contract between Prestige Cleaners and the Client.
- 1.2 Both parties shall ensure that their respective responsibilities under this agreement are undertaken in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- 1.3 The client agrees that any use of the Company’s Services, including placing an order for services by telephone, email, website forms shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- 1.4 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these terms and conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Client.
- 1.5 No variation or alteration of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of a Company.
- 2.1.1 End of Tenancy Cleaning is charged per job taking into account the current property condition, number of rooms, bathrooms, WCs, Shower rooms and en-suites and windows cleaning from inside only. (outside windows can be clean upon clients request for an extra charge). Please note that we do not charge per hour per cleaner and the number of operatives attending your property may vary. The number of operatives in a team cannot effect the initially quoted or estimated price.
- 2.1.2 Carpet / curtains / upholstery / household item cleaning is charged per room / item / job taking into account the type of carpet, upholstery , curtain, household item fibres and condition. Natural carpet fibres e.g. coir, jute, sisal, sea grass etc. require dry cleaning process which is more expensive than the standard hot water extraction method.
- 2.2 The quoted or estimated price does not include extras such as; carpet steam cleaning, dish washing, removals and replacement of over 5 items from cupboards, book-dusting, wall / ceiling, balcony /terrace cleaning, patio / garden cleaning. Extra services are priced separately. and need to be requested additionally.
- 2.3 Building work and property maintenance is charged per job taking into account the current property condition.
- 2.4 The company uses the national average room sizes when calculating quotations and estimates.
- 2.5 All quotations and estimates are given by the company following a request by the client and shall remain open to acceptance for period of 30 days form their date.
- 2.6 The company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change.
- 2.7 Differences in excess of 10% will be discussed with the Client prior to the start of the work, In such cases the Client will have to pay £50 Cancellation fee if they do not accept the updated price.
- 3.1 The company does not charge VAT
- 4.1 The Company shall provide all cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment necessary to carry out service.
- 4.2 The Client must provide Hot running water, electricity and sufficient light at the premises where the services take place.
- 5.1 All payments made to Company after completion of work. Company can ask for 50% deposit by bank transfer or paid in cash.
- 5.2 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the company the account is rendered for immediate payment on the completion of the service.
- 5.2.1 Private Clients must make payment either by bank transfer or cash on the day of service before the cleaner leaves the Clients premises.
- 5.2.2 Company Clients must make payment either by bank transfer or cash within 7 days of service completion.
- 5.3 The company reserves the right to charge interest on invoiced amount unpaid for more than 7 days at the of 8% per annum above the current Bank of England base rate from the due date until the date of actual payment under the Late Payments Act.
- 5.4 The Company reserves the right to charge a £40.00 administration fee, in addition to the balance due, for any account we must refer for debt collection. please note that debt collecting companies Amy add their charges to the outstanding amount.
- 5.5 All bank charges incurred due to a Client’s payment will be passed onto the Client.
- 5.6 The Company reserves the rift to cancel any contract and additionally back charges for past services to reflect the balance of the standard rate(s) if any misleading or false information was used to obtain discounted services.
- 5.7 The rated and terms of payment by the Company shall be as agreed between the Company and the Client, or their representatives. The Client shall make do reduction or retention from the sum due under any invoice.
- 5.8 The company reserves the right to use funds given as deposit to any cancellation / rescheduling fees.
- 6.1.1 The Client can cancel the scheduled service with no less than 24 hours prior notice to the agreed start time in writing.
- 6.1.2 In the event of a Client cancellation / rescheduling, the Company will do its best to accommodate subject to 24 hours’ notice and availability.
- 6.2 There is a Cancellation fee of 40% of the service where less than 24 hour’s notice given.
- 6.3.1 Customer agrees to pay 40% of the service total for a cancellation or rescheduling where less than 24 hours’ notice given.
- 6.3.2 If property keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills otherwise 40% cancellation or rescheduling fee will be taken.
- 6.4 The company reserves the right to cancel service in event of problems with electricity, drain blockages or other issues with the Client’s premises.
- 6.5 The company reserves the right to cancel services without notice due to prior non-settled invoices.
- 7.1 No refunds will be given once the service has been carried out.
- 7.2 A refund will be issued only if : The Client has cancelled a service within the allowed time prior to the schedule start time, or A Cleaner has not been able to carry out the services due to circumstances beyond the Client’s control.
- 8.1 All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Client’s satisfaction unless written notice is received by the company with details of the complaint within 72 hours of the work being completed. The company will fully investigate any component and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Client, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
- 8.2 The Client agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean any disputed areas/items before making any attempts to clean those areas/items themselves or arranging a third party to carry out cleaning. Failure to do so will void our Company Guarantee and we will consider the matter fully settled. If payment has not been received in full or has been stopped by the Client we will immediately refer the account to debt collection.
- 9.1 The Client agrees that due to the nature of the service the Company guarantees only to correct any problems reported within 72 hours of the completion of the service. Failure to do so will entitle the Client to nothing.
- 9.2 The Company may require entry to the location of the claim within 72 hours to correct the problem.
- 9.3 The Client agrees to inspect the work immediately after its completion and to draw the operatives attention to any outstanding cleaning issues while they are still on site. The operatives will carry out any such additional work to the Client’s complete satisfaction.
- 9.4 If the Client or any third party instructed by the Client is not present at the time of completion of the service then no claims regarding any cleaning issues can be made.
- 9.5 If the Client instructs a third party or inspect the result from the cleaning then Company must be notified before completion of the service.
- 9.6 In case of a third party inspecting or refusing to inspect the result form the cleaning then company cannot be held responsible for rectifying any outstanding cleaning issues not mentioned by the third party.
- 9.7 Any refunds or adjustments must be requested to the Company directly and subject to approval by the Company.
- 9.8 While the Company operative make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed. For this specific reason, the company request all irreplaceable items ( whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
- 9.9 In the case of damage, The Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting customer with the times present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a Company’s source Upton payment of services rendered.
- 9.10 The Company shall not be responsible for any damage due to faulty or improper installation of any item.
- 9.11 No cleans shall be entertained if the Client has an outstanding balance aged more than 7 days.
- 9.12 Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by the Company and the Insurance provider(d). Monetary compensation as well as legal fee may incur.
- 10.1 The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (Whether direct or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Clients arising from or in any way connected with:
- - Its failure to carry out its services as a result of factors that are beyond its control. Factors beyond its control include acts of floods, severe weather conditions, and liability to gain access to premises, lack of appropriate resources, such as water, electricity, and lighting.
- - Late arrivals of Company operatives at the service address. The Company endeavours to be right on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport related and other problems which are beyond the Company’s control, the Company operatives may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be re-scheduled.
- - An existing damage to Clients property in the form of old stains/ burns/ spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned / removed completely by the cleaning operatives using the industry standard cleaning methods.
- 10.2 The Company shall not be liable for any damages worth £50.00 or less.
- 10.3 The Company shall not be liable for any odours arising during and / or after cleaning when this is due to factors such as, lack of ventilation, and / or appropriate heating.
- 10.4 The Company shall not be liable for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of natural fibre carpets being wet cleaned. The company shall ensure that the client is informed of this prior to proceeding and any issues arising subsequently shall be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- 10.5 The Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Client placing furniture on a carpet which has bot completely dried.
- 10.6 The Company reserves the right to not fall response where cleaning jobs are uncompleted due to third parties entering or being present at the premises during the cleaning process.
11. Supplementary Terms:-
- 11.1 If the Client requested keys to be collected by the Company’s operative form an address outside the postal code of the Client’s address then a £10.00 charge will apply. The charge will cover only the pickup of the keys, if said keys need to be returned back to the pickup address or any other address, a charge of £10.00 will apply.
- 11.2 Any estimates provided regarding the length of service is only an estimate based on the average time it takes to clean / carry out work on a home of similar size to the Client’s, its being difficult to estimate precisely how long such tasks may take and that a degree of flexibility may be required.
- 11.3 The quotation excludes the clearing of debris created by tradesmen or building work unless otherwise stated.
- 11.4 Our cleaners are happy to move furniture. Due to Health and Safety regulations one cleaner will attempt to move only furniture that requires no more than one person.
- 11.5 Cleaning of Venetian Blinds is optional at extra cost.
- 11.6 All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed.
- 11.7 Fridges and Freezers should be emptied and defrosted prior to our arrival and turned off to ensure thorough cleaning can take place.
- 11.8 The customer must ensure that all belongings are completely move out – an additional cost may be charged if this is not the case.
- 11.9 We can clean out your garage, sheds, summerhouses and any other space outside the home at the extra cost.
- 11.10 We charge extra for Conservatories, We’re able to give you a price at the time of booking.
- 11.11 Please note we do not clean roller blinds.
12. Our Guarantee:-
- 12.1 The Company has built its business and reputation by providing its clients with the best possible cleaning service available. For this reason, the Company offers you a guarantee. If the Client is not satisfied with the Company’s service for any reason, the Company’s operative will come back to the Client’s premises and re-clean to the complete satisfaction.
- 12.2 Our Guarantee is subject to a complaint notice no late than 72 hours after the completion of the service.
- 13.1 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the Law of England and Wales, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
14. Parking and Congestion Charge Zone:
- 14.1 If there is no free or paid parking at your address you will need to provide the Company with a Temporary / Visitor’s Parking Permit for our Supervisor’s Vehicle.
- 14.2 The Congestion Charge fee will be added should the Company’s Vehicle need to enter the Zone for the Client’s Job.
- 14.3 Any parking Tickets or Charges will be applicable to the Client.
- 15.1 We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice. New Terms and Conditions will be made available on our company Website.
- 15.2 These Terms and Conditions do not affect your Statutory rights.